Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Morning Smoothie

I love my blender. It makes so much good stuff, like hummus and milkshakes. But the main reason I love my blender so much is smoothies. I love smoothies so much. They are so tasty and so easy, and relatively healthy (they're packed with sugar, that I admit, but at least it's sugar from fruit and not from soda or something).

And, I can say from experience that it goes fantastically well with toasted multigrain bread drizzled with honey.

Morning Fruit Smoothie

1/4 cup frozen peaches
1/4 cup frozen blackberries
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 medium sized banana (if you have huge bananas, just put what looks good and eat the rest while you blend)
1/3 cup plain yogurt (I use greek, but that's just cause I love greek yogurt. Any other yogurt would be fine as well)
1/3-1/2 cup juice (I used currant juice here, but I also love using fresh orange juice when I have it)

Put all the ingredients in your blender, blend until smooth. It may require some stirring (I make my smoothies thick).

Variations:

Let's face it, this is a smoothie. You can make it however you like. Use frozen blueberries or mangos or whatever else you want. If you like thinner smoothies, add more juice. Go crazy, it's your breakfast.

-----


As my recommendation today, I'm going to show you one of my favorite site  to check out music. It's called la blogotheque, and they do this thing called "concerts a emporter" (which translates to "take away show") where bands perform songs randomly around a city. Occasionally, they wander the streets, other times they congregate in a park, or on a roof. This time, with Yeasayer, the journey spans a subway ride to a rather mysterious apartment with a piano. Though it was rather chaotic, it seemed like a worthwhile adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment